Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rpmlint, mock and koji

Well well my good friends, I am glad to say that ettercap has finally been defeated! *cheer*

Well after I decided to build on a 64-bit machine (Scotland) my weird debug errors seemed to go away when using rpmlint, instead I got a stack error which, after explained to my by Chris Tyler, I could do nothing about because that is just how ettercap was coded. After the rpmlint worked everywhere else I decided to go to the next level....mock.

After running mock I got errors and started to pull my hair out, but then I realized that it was only a few dependency issues. (Note: These same dependency issues were causing me grief on my home machine, but somehow went away on scotland). After I added the buildrequires everything worked.

The next step was koji. Using the Koji Fedora How To page I used the following commands:

1) yum install fedora-packager
2) /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup
(after running this command it told me to get a certificate from koji.
3) Ran /usr/bin/fedora-packager-setup again and it worked, I just had to add an export password and I was done.

Now, to upload it to the koji server!

Using the command koji build --scratch dist-11 ettercap-0.7.3-1.fc10.src.rpm
it started uploading to koji and building on each architecture. To my surprise everything worked!

Next step....repositories!

No comments:

Post a Comment