Saturday, October 17, 2009

Repository

Using a combination of bad notes and the Seneca Wiki SBR Page along with some of Boris Chao's notes I started the process.

After inputting all the correct information it started to generate the key. However a small issue arose:

Error: "Not enough random bytes available. Please do some other work to give
the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 262 more bytes)" at first I thought, "Great another error, can't this go easy for once?" but then as I typed and did more random work on the computer the error went away and it continued its work. *phew*

Public and secret key now created and signed, and I am happy so far.

I then continued on with the notes on seneca wiki and Boris' notes and went on to create a .repo file. I used a template from the /etc/yum.repos.d and edited it to have the following information:

[]
name= repo for $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=
i.e. http://exmaple.com/repo/
#failovermethod=roundrobin
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/


After I finished this I put it in the /rpmbuild/SOURCES directory along with my key.

Then I made a spec file for my repository. After this ran successfully it created a file
called jddeni-release-1-1.fc10.noarch.rpm.

After adding a simple html page, this is what it looks like.





Here is my page.

Don't let repositories intimidate you, the hardest part is prepping everything
for the repositories, once it is prepared creating it in no problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment