Wednesday, September 9, 2009

An Introduction to SBR600

Hello, my name is Jonathan. For all of you who don't know me I am a student in Semester 5 currently taking Chris Tylers' course coded "SBR600". The class sounds very interesting and I look forward to what is in store this semester. The following is a cut out of a message we had on Xchat just verifying if everything works:

X-Chat

ctyler: ping
jdeni: pong
ctyler: Hey Chris, I was just wondering if you were in class or something. Just making sure this all works
ctyler: jdeni: I'm down in my office. Seems to work fine!
What IRC client are you using?
I decided to go with xchat, however I am not really fond of the layout compared to the one you showed us.
its similar but for some reason, I can only open a window per channel, unlike how yours had all the chanels in one window and you could just choose from them
ctyler: jdeni: I was using xchat :-)
jdeni: ctyler: haha I was afraid you would say that, any idea how I can put all my chanels into one window? Right now I have a window for freenode and a window for mozilla
i'm using the channel-switcher, in 'tree' mode (vs. 'tab' mode)
jdeni: okay thanks
jdeni: That got one issue sorted out, however I will show you in class tommorow what I mean by the different windows
jdeni: ctyler: I was just informed I have to make dinner, I will see you tommorow, thanks for the help!
ctyler: see you

Seneca Wiki's User Page Link

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/User:JonathanDeni

Fedora Wiki's User Page Link

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jdeni

No comments:

Post a Comment